Sorry, No Free Lunch in Affiliate Marketing

Like they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch. The same applies to affiliate marketing. Hey, that's not cool! 

There is always this misconception that affiliate marketing is a lazy man's "get rich quick" program. Like imagining yourself wearing sunglasses and enjoying a glass of wine as you swing in a hammock on some island paradise while the affiliate program puts money on the table for you. You bet!  

Don't swallow that or you will be drowned in sorrow. The truth is that among thousands of affiliates out there, only about 5 or 10 per cent are truly financially successful. The other 90 per cent are lucky if they make a few hundred bucks a month.  

To be a successful affiliate takes a lot of gumption but not many are cut out for it. Baby, you got to have what it takes to be a high-earner. Luck is a rare commodity.  

This is not a post to deter you from affiliate marketing. Your marketing skills (if you have that) play a crucial part in your venture. Affiliate marketing is a challenge for you to make money online but it may take months or even years of trial and error before you really get a taste of the big time.  

Here's a sobering thought: If you sign up just to put up some banners and hope to become Mr Big Time, forget it! You will be greatly disappointed as each month passes by with only a few sales or none at all!  

Even the pros have a tough time marketing their stuff, so imagine how you, as a newbie, is going to struggle with not much of a traffic to shout about. Everyone has to go through the learning curve but be wary of the information overload.  

Affiliate marketing is not a walk in the park. Work, work, work is your motto. You need a business website (one that converts). You need to be proficient in search engine optimization (SEO) to get traffic. You need to pick the right affiliate merchant and develop marketing strategies to promote the product. You need to dump those that don't bring in any moolah. 

Overall, you need to be focused and not be detracted by other Internet hooplas that take away your concentration and time. And if you are the type who keeps learning and persevere with the trials and errors that you will surely experience, then the reward may be waiting for you at the end of the rainbow. --  Markk

Related article:
Net marketing: Are we chasing the same dream?


du hoc anh said...

I am afraid of it! But we can resolve it, dont worry about it. Dear!

deha said...

Wohoo!! Great this article. I love this article :)) from Turkey.